Thursday, February 25, 2010

Barkers, Tramps, Gypsies, & Freaks

Sleep in thine eyes
I've been up for far too long
Awakened by a morning bell
By my cavern on the edge of dawn
Right beside the desolate dollar abyss
Fresh sneaks on their feets
Pass the barkers, tramps, gypsies, and freaks
Distance span so span the distance
But the bubbled compound is the last destination for some
The planes leave and return
I'm here to watch the sad business men and femme fatales
Shuttle in and shuttle out
TAKE OFF!!!
But in the back of my mind, I wish I were up there with them
Looking down on the city once again
The city that spawned a pack of rats
And exposed the greed of men
In the meantime, I'll perch myself right up against and on top
Of these long forgotten concrete industrial blocks
And dread the trip back to number 79
I'll grow me some wings
And buy a little more time

No comments:

Post a Comment