Friday, February 19, 2010

Gris! Gris!

Iceberg sized heartaches are tragedies of the world
The sanest people go mad over love
Or maybe love has never been sane to begin with
It's the facade that confuses us so
Anyone foolish enough to believe in love
Is hopeless, tossed out of the loop
The circle/ society preys on such people
Carnivores!
Divers that help you sink
They'll eat your heart in front of you
And baste the lungs for which you use to speak
You'r modern day Romeo at your service
But what's to show for it?
Nobody is writing your screenplay
Today I leapt on a topsy-turvy dumpster
Professed my love for the negative Nancy's of the world
I cried out for the positive Pete's
No cheers, yet I felt the sting of tomatoes in the heat
But an African American Police officer handed me his megaphone and badge
Told me I could do more with it than he
Try this out for size:
The world is a dog, our Galaxy is our master
Do I believe in a god?
Do you believe in god?
Do we disintergrate in our rich mahogany caskets?
Or.. do we emerge as angels
Emerge as demons with no face
Maybe life is like a pot of Gumbo
Our dreams stirred into a stew
Gris Gris!
Poured into bowels, we settle for less
Could be a two course meal
But whats for desert?

No comments:

Post a Comment