Thursday, February 11, 2010

Mother, Hiroshima is tumbling down

Mother, Hiroshima is tumbling down
But who is going to save my life tonight?
Is it the beggar on 4Th street?
Or could it be Caesar living in the upper east side penthouse suite
The blasts have made my ears whistle Dixie, and some old battle hymn
Despite the madness I strolled right on down and decided to rest on a pile of something that smelt like rotten bananas
I glanced down and noticed the limp hand of my Grandma
So, I ran and ran past the back alley echo
I ran past the black cat
Who's paws were stained yellow
I ran into a blind man who thought he could see
He clasped on to my wrist
I stared into the dark hole where his eyes were meant to be
I tip-toed over the river
Made up of blood, sweat, and tears
I shrunk and I shivered
As I made my way through the ancient hall of mirrors
For I was frightened of the sight of my own filthy flesh
I knew the damage was done, and tonight held no rest
I meandered into a circus tent
Where a French-man played tricks on a dog
I ripped a hole in the bohemian tent and got lost in the fog
I fell right into the night
A star extended it's hand
Dusted off my tattered jeans
And followed the light
But the light never came
And galaxies were lost as I edged toward the tail-end of town
Hitched a ride on a phoenix
Fell in love with a girl named Beth on the planet Venus
Mars is where we've settled down

No comments:

Post a Comment